The Winnetka Historical Society is now accepting applications for a paid internship for Summer 2022.
Since 1932, the Winnetka Historical Society (WHS) has collected and archived over 30,000 artifacts, periodicals, photographs, maps, and more. In addition, WHS owns and operates two historic buildings in Winnetka. Our museum and headquarters at 411 Linden Street houses collections, a research library, gallery space, and is open for research. The Schmidt-Burnham Log House is open seasonally for tours, programs, and special events.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in several elements of museum management and operations, including programming and collections care. The intern will assist with several projects at Winnetka Historical Society’s museum and headquarters at 411 Linden Street such as:
● Digitizing collections materials
● Processing, cataloguing, and archiving new donations
● Assisting in the development of an architectural tour of Winnetka
● Researching historic properties in the Village of Winnetka
● Assisting in the development of an educational traveling trunk program
● Assisting at the Schmidt-Burnham Log House
● Assisting with other projects as needed
This internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates. Ideal candidates will be enrolled in, or have recently graduated from, a program in Public History, Museum Studies, or similar field of study. Strong attention to detail, experience with artifact handling, and experience with PastPerfect Museum Software is preferred.
Schedule and Compensation
● Schedule: 16 hours per week for 8 weeks
● Start date: June 1, 2022
● Compensation: $16 per hour
TO APPLY: Please send your resume or CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2022 WHS Internship. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2022.