Tag Archives: Winter 1995

Costumed children outside the Community House, circa 1915

“C” is for Community House

Gazette Article by Trish Early, Winter 1995 Although officially known as Winnetka Community House, this institution has been lovingly referred to simply as “Community House” for 84 years. In fact this shortened version was the original name proposed by the Rev. J. W. F. Davies, its founder, a month prior to its dedication on November […]